Women In Trucking
Truck Driving Jobs for Women
While only 6 percent* of the truck driving force is female, it is a great career that provides significant opportunity and financial security for women of all ages. The truck driving industry is one of the few professions where women have always been paid equal to men since the pay is based on the number of miles driven. This results in above-average pay for women with the potential to earn over $100,000 a year as a Flatbed Driver at Leavitt’s.
Benefits for Women
At Leavitt’s, many women find satisfaction in a successful truck-driving career. Our female truck drivers receive the following benefits:
- Weekly Pay $1,525-$2,110
- Paid travel to orientation – lodging, 1-meal per day provided through solo release
- Paid training following completion of orientation, road test, and formal job offer
- Accessorial wages include Oversize Incentives, Layover, Detention and Breakdown Pay
- No fee Per Diem option available at employee discretion
- Drivers permitted to take trucks home
- Riders welcome
- Pets allowed
- Our CDL Drivers receive great paid benefits:
- Loyalty pay on day 1. Up to .06 cents per mile!
- Medical fully paid
- Dental fully paid
- Vision fully paid
- 401K with matching 4% no vesting period
- You will be driving a company supplied late model Kenworth / Freightliner power unit – 12 Speed Auto Shift Transmissions. Very well-maintained equipment.
- No Flatbed Experience Necessary, Training paid at $200/day for all logged days
Leavitt’s also offers flexible schedules and supports you on and off the road. Our back office team has great relationships with all of our drivers and we treat you like family.
Work Life Balance
Many women have chosen to drive with Leavitt’s because we offer frequent time at home. With one full day off for every five days of driving, allowing you to be home on a weekly basis.
If you have your CDL and are looking for an opportunity to earn a great wage, receive benefits and the flexibility of a company that supports you as a woman, Apply today to start driving with Leavitt’s.
*2017 United States Bureau of Labor Statistics